Among other significant science-y things, Albert Einstein is known for advancing the relativity theory that mostly says that time has a way of speeding up and slowing down.
Granted, he was talking about great distances of space, but we imagine he could have made the same observations while in one of those never-ending lines to the loo. Because we’re sure there must be some secret science involved in how slow these porta potty lines seem to move.
Conversation is limited while waiting for the next available portable restroom because there isn't a lot to say – “Yep, it’s slow.” “Yep, Einstein.” And bathroom lines probably aren't the most ideal occasions to meet strangers.
Pull out your smart phone for starters. There are all sorts of free apps and sites that can help win the waiting game for portable toilets.
Apps we like:
- Find my iPhone. You may have it right now, but may lose it at the next concert or public event. Then you’ll wish you had used this useful location program while waiting for the porta potty.
- Candy Crush Saga. All the colorful item matching fun of Bejeweled Blitz but none the pressure. This simple, sweet and colorful puzzle game sucks you in and haunts your dreams.
- Try Vine. Capture highlights of your day in 6-second chunks and post them online. Pause when you reach your destination though.
- Find My Friends. In case your friends decide to be sneaky and aren’t where they promised they'd be when you’re done with the portable toilet(s) you can easily track them down.
- 4 Pics 1 Song. Test your musical knowledge by guessing the visual clues. Cheer if you get it in one; you’ll be the king or queen of the commode line in no time.
Other sites ‘scientifically proven’ to pass the time.
- Best Vines on Facebook: Watch other people's Vine adventures
- FunTweets.com: Be amused by other people’s way with words.
- Mashable.com. Got time for a couple more “Top Whatever” lists? Yep.
- Trailers.Apple.com. Learn what’s opening soon at the multiplex.
- Gizmodo.com. Find out what’s weird and crazy or get inspired to make your own gadgets.
8610 Hansen Ave
Shakopee, MN 55379