If you have ever been to an outdoor event and used a portable restroom and needed to dry your hands, then you know the benefit of paper towels and hand dryers. In some restrooms there are both options to dry your hands with. So the question comes down to which one is better to use than the other one.
The Benefits of Paper Towels and Hand Dryers
A Look at Paper Towels
Paper towels have long been the choice for companies to use in the restrooms. Here are a few benefits of using paper towels.
- Paper towels are the most widely used method for hand drying.
- Using the paper towel to dry your hands helped stop the spread of bacteria from one surface to another.
- Paper towels get hands dry quicker than if they were dried using an electric hand dryer.
- Paper towels allow people to clean more effectively if there is a need to wipe things off of another surface.
- The use of paper towels saves energy from being used in the bathrooms.
A Look at Hand Dryers
Hand dryers are a way for people to dry their hands without having to use paper towels. Hot air is blown over the skin and the water evaporates off the skin. Here are a few facts about using hand dryers.
- Using hand dryers keeps trees from being used for paper towels.
- It can take up to 30 seconds for a dryer to get your hands dry.
- Some reports show that the hand dryers may allow bacteria to grow and spread from hand to hand during the drying process.
- The hand dryer costs less to operate than having to buy paper towels.
- The hot air has been known to leave your hands feeling dried out.
- There is no need to have an employee check the bathroom to see that it is stocked with paper towels if the restroom is equipped with hand dryers.
The issue of paper towels and hand dryers may never be solved but at least now you know some facts about each method. If your company is looking at using paper towels or is in need of portable facilities, then check out Biffs, they are the portable toilet supplier of the Midwest that has been helping keep peoples hands dry and free of bacteria. You will want to know your options before making the decision of which method is the best.
8610 Hansen Ave
Shakopee, MN 55379